Tipple Thursday took a break last week, did you notice? World Nutella Day took over temporarily. But normal service has now been resumed and what better way return than with this perfect drink for the Hallmark occasion that shall not be named.
It’s pink (ish) and contains strawberries.
And vodka and elderflower liqueur.
And it has the word Cherub in the title.
I think that says it all really.
Dare you to get a bloke to drink it. Because, you know, it’s pink!
- 15ml St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 30ml vodka
- 12ml fresh lemon juice
- 4ml agave syrup (or simple sugar syrup)
- 1 large strawberry, stalk removed and chopped
- Tonic water
- Strawberry for garnish
- Place the strawberry and lemon juice in a small jug and ‘muddle’ using a fork, wooden pestle or other such mashing device. You want to break the strawberry up to remove the juice and flavour.
- Add the agave syrup, elderflower liqueur and vodka and mix.
- Add some ice to a glass.
- Place a tea strainer over the glass and pour over the strawberry mix to remove any pulp.
- Top up with tonic water and garnish with a couple of pieces of strawberry.
© The Pink Rose Bakery