I promised you a run down of my current spring favourites and here they are!
- Clinique City Block Sheer – I use this as a primer as it provides SPF 25 and is oil free. This one is a physical SPF rather than a chemical one, which I prefer.
- KIKO Intense Colour Long Lasting Eyeliner in shade 15 – I love a really dark navy eyeliner at this time of year as an alternative to black and these pencils are amazing for the price! They are soft and easy to blend and then they set.
- Laura Mercer Tightliner in Bleu Marine – a cake eyeliner that I can use to get a thin line along my lashes.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser – I prefer light bases and this one is a favourite. So is the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue
- Soap & Glory Solar Powder – great bronzer if you are pale or a little scared of bronzers generally. It is very subtle and once you have got rid of the (annoying) glittery overspray on the top, it is almost matte.
- Bourjois City Radiance Foundation – I mix this with the tinted moisturiser if I feel I need a little bit more coverage. One of the very few drugstore foundations that I like. It isn’t heavy and the coverage can be built up. It is also the first foundation that Bourjois have brought out that I could actually buy as it has a pink undertone rather than yellow.
- Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink – love this blusher for a pop of colour on the cheeks! This is my second one, which says a lot!
- Chanel Lip Pencil in Rose Clair – a lovely pink colour that goes well with number 14.
- Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Brown – this is a revelation! As I mentioned in my spring clean post I was dismayed to discover one day that I had orange brows! No orange with this one and you can blend it so that it doesn’t look too harsh if you want a more softer defined brow. Love it. Need to buy a back up as (my one gripe is that) you can’t see when it is going to run out!
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in My Pink – when I first swatched this I thought it was going to be clear, then I discovered that it is one of those ‘magic’ balms that adapts to your colouring (hence the name, my pink). On me it goes a bright(ish) blue pink which I love. And I don’t need a mirror in order to slap it on. When I first bought it I ignored all my lipsticks for a month and this was all I wore on my lips. A definite staple.
- MAC Lipstick in A Sprinkle of Magic – I will admit it was the name that drew me in! It is a little bit too warm for me if I put a thick layer on, but one swipe across my lips with the bullet and then a bit of dabbing with my finger and it is a great ‘nude’ shade one. Probably about as pale as I would ever go.
- Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Peach Smoothie
- MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in In Anticipation – a warm pink
- Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in Roussy – my favourite coral-pink lipstick. Perfect for sunny spring days when you want something to brighten you up.
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Creme Brûlée
- MAC Eyeshadow in Wedge
- Bare Minerals Moxie Lip Gloss in Show Off (paler) and Hot Shot (bright pink) – great on their own for a subtle bit of colour or layered over either of the lipsticks already mentioned.
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Sorbet
- MAC Eyeshadow in Girlie
- MAC Eyeshadow in Malt
What are your favourites for Spring? Tell me!