Are you ready for the tropics in a glass?
Because that is exactly what this is. Drinking it on a slightly grey muggy British summer day it conjured up images of white sand, blue seas, palm trees and sitting on the edge of a swimming pool, swinging my legs back and forth through the water.
The combination of pineapple and coconut is a classic one, so really this is like a non-alcoholic pina colada, just with a touch of extra sweetness from the mango.
Also, I roasted the pineapple before. It makes all the difference, trust me, softening the fruit and making it extra juicy. It’s not a necessary step, but . . .
The amount of fruit in this milkshake means that it is super thick. So thick that it held the straw up. Think MacDonald’s milkshake thick, that’s what we have here. But without the woolly texture.
Now, if you’ll excuse me I’m off the dream of my feet in that swimming pool . . .
Pineapple & Mango Coconut Milkshake
- 1/4 medium fresh pineapple, cut into 4 wedges
- 3 scoops frozen coconut desert, or ice cream
- 1/4 fresh mango, cut into chunks
- 200ml coconut milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Celsius / 160 fan / 350 Fahrenheit. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
- Place the pineapple wedges on the prepare baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before using.
- Once the pineapple is cold place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
© The Pink Rose Bakery 2015