This ‘recipe’ has been languishing in the pile for a few weeks now, repeatedly shunted down the list in favour of other things. But now is its moment.
I say ‘recipe’ because really it is just chucking a few things in a jug and blitzing them together before pouring into a glass. But now that I think about it, isn’t that what all drink recipes are? Maybe I am being a little harsh on this particular creation.
Also, let’s take a moment here to bask in my spectacular inability to squirt squirty cream (from a can) in a pretty formation.
Wonky wiggly worm cream, anyone?
Even though this is a thick (ish) milkshake, it wasn’t quite stable enough to hold the cream up, but then, does that really matter?
Because we all know that it won’t be long before you swirl the cream into the milkshake with the straw.
And we also know that you will gleefully lick the remaining milkshake off the straw without realising that there is some left inside the straw that will dribble itself down your jumper when you are not looking and it will be a while before you notice. Or is that just me? A big chocolatey dribble down your front is most attractive. A real fashion statement. Fortunately no one rang the door bell.
Note – this can be made either full of dairy or dairy free. Both options have been given below.
Chocolate Almond Milkshake
- 2 scoops vanilla ice-cream or dairy-free equivalent
- 200ml chocolate almond milk (I used Alpro)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- whipped cream or whipped coconut cream + chocolate sprinkles to decorate
- Place the ice-cream, almond milk and cocoa powder in the jug of a blender. Blitz until combined and slightly frothy.
- Pour into a glass and top with the whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
© The Pink Rose Bakery 2015