No, I’m not talking about snowballs made of real snow (unfortunately), I am talking about the liquid, alcoholic kind.
The Christmas season is not the Christmas season without a snowball or two. One of the reasons they appeal to me so much is because they taste very similar to cream soda. Only this is grown-up cream soda.
And what goes with Christmas drinks? Christmas music! Therefore I thought I would share with you the songs that I am currently playing on a near continuous loop – either physically or in my head. It is not an exhaustive list – there are others. Many, many others, but these are the edited highlights!
- Jingle Bell Rock – Cast of Glee (I’m not proud!)
- Santa’s a Scotsman – Scottish Quest All Stars
- Silver Bells – Jim Reeves
- Santa Baby – Kylie Minogue
- Never Do a Tango with an Eskimo – Alma Cogan
- It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas – Michael Bublé
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes
- Santa Claus is Coming To Town – The Crystals
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra
- Winter Wonderland – Doris Day
- The Christmas Song – Nat “King” Cole
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! – Dean Martin
- It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Merry Christmas Everyone – Shakin’ Stevens
- I Believe In Father Christmas – Greg Lake
- In Dulci Jubilo – Mike Oldfield
- Driving Home For Christmas – Chris Rea
- Mistletoe & Wine – Cliff Richard
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
- Last Christmas – Wham!
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues featuring Kirsty McColl
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews
- All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
Do you have any favourite Christmas songs? Let me know below!
- One part Advocaat
- Three parts lemonade
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Place a few ice cubes in a tall glass.
- Add the Advocaat and top up with lemonade.
- Spritz over the lime juice and serve.
© The Pink Rose Bakery 2014