Is there such a thing as too many banana bread recipes? I don’t think so. After all, isn’t banana bread a food group in its own right? If not, it should be.
This particular banana bread is an adaptation of the easy banana bread I posted not so long ago. The difference here is not just the addition of chocolate chips but I also lightened up the flours and made it dairy free by replacing the butter with oil.
It is just as moreish and is delicious smothered in peanut butter, especially for breakfast . . .
I don’t think I need to say any thing more.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 80ml oil – either vegetable or sunflower
- 75g agave syrup
- 75g coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 88g buckwheat flour
- 88g sorghum flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 60g dark chocolate chips, dairy free if needed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Celsius / 160 fan / 350 Fahrenheit. Grease and line a 2 pound loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, adding them in the order above and mixing well in-between each addition.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 45 – 55 minutes, until risen and golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Can be eaten slightly warm. Store in an air-tight container.
© The Pink Rose Bakery 2015